How to locate your Asset Tag Number on a CVM Mac and Utilize the CVM Asset Identification Utility.
This document will step you through locating your asset tag on a CVM Mac computer and use the CVM Asset Identification Utility to place a work order with Help Desk
How to locate your Asset Tag Number on a CVM Mac
1. On your desktop, locate your Lauchpad Icon and open it.
2. Once open, you should see a list of icons such as the following:
3. In the search box at the top, type in CVM Asset and press enter.
4. The following icon should appear:
5. Click on the icon to open the software and your computer information that CVM IT requires will be listed.
6. Alternatively, you can located the CVM Asset ID Utility by opening Launchpad as before and clicking on the “Other” Icon
7. You should see something similar to the following:
8. Double Click on the CVM Asset ID Utility icon and once again your computer information will be listed.
9. You now have the option to open a work order for this Asset. Click the open button and you will have a pop up asking to describe the problem with the asset.
10. The next pop up will ask you what is a good callback number.
11. The next box will ask where is the computer located?
12. The next box will ask you for a good email address to reach you.
13. After filling out your information you can hit the submit button and an email will be immediately sent to the CVM Help desk to initiate a work order ticket for our technicians.