CVM Emergency Remote Access Tools
The following is a list of resources for CVM Faculty and Staff to assist with preparing and delivering teaching material to students remotely.
This document provides links and instructions to access the primary CVM systems remotely.
All systems listed will use your TAMU NetID.
Most will do dual authentication with DUO.
Remote File Access:
- FILR - Provides web access to all CVM file locations. Provides file sync as well. This service currently works without the need for VPN
- Exchange Webmail – Web access to TAMU exchange email accounts. This service will work without VPN, but does require DUO.
TAMUS Single Sign On:
- SSO – Provides web access to Workday, Concur, Service Now, Aggiebuy, HRConnect. This service will work without VPN, but does require DUO.
ZOOM Web Conference:
- TAMU-Zoom – Provides access to the ZOOM conference system. Use your NetID to log into the TAMU Instance of ZOOM. This service will work without VPN, but does require DUO.
- CVM Service Desk portal – This give users access to their existing work orders as well as creation of new work orders. Allow communication to your Technician and a way to provide feedback. Updated documentation is provided in the Knowledge or Knowledge base portion. This service will work without VPN and is not currently DUO enabled.
- TAMU AnyConnect – Services that are not presented outside the Campus firewall will need to connect to this VPN before they can proceed further.
- CVM mobile computers should already have the Anyconnect client installed. If you find it missing, it can be installed via the ZEN App Launcher.
All applications below will need to have the AnyConnect VPN connected to utilize to these services:
Veterinary Medical Information System:
- VMIS RDS Access – This utilizes the Microsoft Remote Desktop Application to access the VMTH VMIS Application remote access server.
- PC Install Instructions: https://helpdesk.cvm.tamu.edu/servicedesk/selfhelp/kba/741
- Mac Install Instructions: https://helpdesk.cvm.tamu.edu/servicedesk/selfhelp/kba/740
MediaSite Desktop Recorder:
- MyMediasite Remote Desktop Recorder - Provides access to the CVM Mediasite System. This document will walk you through the install and configuration of the CVM MYMediasite Remote Desktop Recorder.
- MyMediasite Login: https://mediasite.cvm.tamu.edu/Mediasite/mymediasiteDesktop Recorder
- Mediasite Desktop Recorder information: https://mediasite.cvm.tamu.edu/Mediasite/mymediasite/desktop-recorder/download
- Installation for personal PC: https://mediasite.cvm.tamu.edu/Mediasite/DesktopRecorder/Mediasite%20Desktop%20Recorder%202%20Setup.exe
- Installation for personal MAC: https://mediasite.cvm.tamu.edu/Mediasite/DesktopRecorder/Mediasite%20Desktop%20Recorder.pkg
- Desktop Recorder Use - https://mediasite.cvm.tamu.edu/Mediasite/MyMediasite/Help/en-US/MyMediasite/NetHelp/#!Documents/gettingstarted.htm
- CVM Moodle Instance – Access to the CVM Moodle Site.
|Guide to installing the Mediasite Desktop Recorder||860 KB|